7/8/11

Sweet Serendipity



For this week's assignment we got to pick our own theme...I was planning on doing a self portrait to try out my new Opteka remote, but it was pouring down rain for most of the day [personally, I thought this would add a wonderful effect to the picture, but I could find neither willing models, or someone to hold an umbrella over my camera].

 My Mom and I went to run a few errands, and I brought my camera in case any spectacular photo opportunities should arise. None did, but when we were finished we stopped at a local thrift store where I snagged a gorgeous vintage wedding dress for only 19.99  [I'll put a picture on my blog after I wash it]! 

We then moved on to an antique store filled with all kinds of vintage things...


I bought three old postcards, a music/powder box, and a blue feathery headband/cap thing. 
I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but that tiny letter was sent in 1911!




- Erin :)
P.S. The music box plays a wonderfully haunting tune, I do wish there was a way to put it on here...

3 comments:

  1. AW thats so exciting I can't wait to see the wedding dress. I just love random adventures, these pictures are so exciting :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Erin, supper creative! I enjoy all your vintage finds, you always find the neatest stuff for cheep :D Aaand I absolutely love these pictures, they tell such a story!

    ReplyDelete